HALEY HALL Staff writer
College is the place of all-nighters, endless amounts of studies and some of the best memories of your life. The stress of classes, work and having a social life is already a struggle for most college students. However, trying to stay fit on top of doing all of those things can be one of the hardest things to do. But, it doesn’t have to be. Here are some tips from fitness guru, Caroline Kee from BuzzFeed to take into consideration for those who want to stay fit.
- Before you start, think to yourself, “what do I want to accomplish?” After this, set realistic goals to accomplish what you are looking for.
- Think of working out as a fun thing to do, and not just something that you are going to just trying to cross off your “to do” list.
- Start off doing exercises that are short and not too strenuous. Do these just a few times a week.
- Scheduling. It is so important to schedule your workouts like you would schedule your classes. This will help you to not miss that workout.
- Try to do at least 10-15 minutes of cardio every time you workout because this is where you will see the most improvements to your body.
Other tips that I have used and that you can use while you’re a student include:
- Using the gym here at Piedmont since it’s included in your tuition.
- Try an intramural club for fun with your friends. Piedmont has many.
- Bring your readings or notes from classes so while you are doing light cardio so you aren’t wasting time.
- There are a ton of body weight exercises you can do if you are too embarrassed to go to the gym. There are a lot on YouTube, so just look up an exercise that you want. You can easily do these in your dorm room.
- Walk everywhere on campus instead of driving. Take the stairs instead of the elevators.
Do these tips to help you start seeing results and make you feel better about yourself.